Saturday, April 5, 2014

First Impressions: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex Mascara

Hi guys,

If you ever need to know one thing about my beauty habits, it's that I can't resist trying out a new mascara. Especially drugstore mascaras.

This weekend I decided to venture into uncharted territory for me: Rimmel mascara.

Don't get me wrong. I've heard fantastic things about the Scandal Eyes line. However, Rimmel is usually a brand that I totally forget about. I'm not sure why, but it's just the way it is.



However, that's changed officially now because I've tried out the Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex Mascara and I want to share my first impressions with you.

The promise of this mascara is pretty simple: it's supposed to give buildable volume that leaves lashes soft and flexible.

The first thing I noticed is the size of the brush. It's huuuuuuge. Like insane. Bigger than Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, which was previously the largest I've ever used. It's not the plastic kind of wand either, which I liked a lot.

The left is the Flex Mascara and on the right is The Rocket for comparison sake. See how huge?
Ignore the awkward expression haha

Overall, I think this mascara is really good. I've only used it once, but I can say that so far, I like it. It's definitely more wet right now after the first use, so I didn't want to layer on layers (I could feel it starting to get clumpy). But I can say that it did add volume and my lashes are soft. And it hasn't worn off or made my lashes fall, so I'd say so far, it's meeting my expectations.

What's your favorite Rimmel mascara? What do you think of huge wands?

No comments:

Post a Comment