Sunday, April 20, 2014

Review: MAC Matchmaster Foundation

Hi guys,

I have a new love that I want to share with you today. It's the MAC Matchmaster foundation with SPF 15. I can't describe how much I've enjoyed this product the last two and a half weeks.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/158/17339/Products/Face/Foundation/Matchmaster-SPF-15-Foundation/index.tmpl#


Back during spring break, I found myself at odds with my current face routine. I wanted more coverage than a CC cream, but I also didn't want to upset my skin, which has been incredibly oily, dry, and sensitive lately. So I went to the one place that always seems to have things that I trust: MAC. Say what you will about MAC, but for me personally, when all else fails, MAC makeup never lets me down. The makeup artist tried this foundation on me and since I've fallen in love. I'm in the shade 1.5 and I can't get enough of it.



According to the MAC site, this foundation uses "Shade Intelligence Technology" to perfectly match to your skin. The makeup artist told me that if I get a little bit darker during the summer, this will adjust just slightly to my darker skin. This foundation is also:

  • Demi-matte
  • Buildable medium coverage
  • Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15
  • Reduces Shin on the skin's surface
  • Absorbs excess oil
  • Conditions and smoothes
  • Minimizes the appearance of pores and imperfections
After using this for almost three weeks, I feel like I can say that it definitely seems to do all those things. It definitely absorbs oil and reduces shine, even during warmer days. I don't think it's really caused any breakouts, which is great because my skin has been super picky lately.

It gives me a "your skin, but a million times better" appearance. Like, it looks like I'm seriously not wearing any makeup. I say it gives me a solid 8-10 hours of wear.




I've been using this in conjunction with my Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer, MAC's Studio Careblend powder, and Urban Decay's Deslick Spray. I apply it with my Beauty Blender and it just blends in so beautifully. I love this stuff like crazy. I'm actually surprised that I haven't heard more people talking about how great this foundation is. It's the best face product I think I've ever used.

I'm hoping it works well in summer too. Do you have a foundation love or a brand that always seems to work?







No comments:

Post a Comment